Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cultural Foods: Puerto Rican Recipes


Streetwise Spanish - How To Easily And Confidently Speak Vibrant Streetwise Spanish In Just One Week!  



Here are some of Papa's Puerto Rican favorites while I was growing up, and now in my home as an adult. For me...Papa's way was the BEST way!


I grew up with Puerto Ricans in the family. My Dad (step father) was Puerto Rican, and so I learned how to prepare all of his favorite Puerto Rican recipes the way his mother in Puerto Rico did!

With that said, I am going to add a special Puerto Rican Recipes section here. If you would like to send me your recipes, please do, and let me know how you would like the credit added. Your recipe, if it has a common name, should include a credited name such as “Diane’s Totones”. Please put your recipes in the comments section, and after reviewing them, I will move them to the database. It is helpful to have a photo of your own to link your recipe to, so please add the url of the image if you have one. You may also link videos!




Rellenos (Fried Potatoe balls filled with meat sauce and goodies)

Empanadas

Totones (Fried Plantains served w/ garlic sauce)












Traditional, seasoned Pork-roast

Granos - Rice Patties

















Red Rice and Beans

Pan de Agua - PR water bread


I grew up with Puerto Ricans in the family. My Dad (step father) was Puerto Rican, and so I learned how to prepare all of his favorite Puerto Rican recipes the way his mother in Puerto Rico did!

With that said, I am going to add a special Puerto Rican Recipes section here.  If you would like to send me your recipes, please do, and let me know how you would like the credit added. Your recipe, if it has a common name, should include a credited name such as “Diane’s Totones”. Please put your recipes in the comments section, and after reviewing them, I will move them to the database. It is helpful to have a photo of your own to link your recipe to, so please add the url of the image if you have one. You may also link videos!

Here is the category for PR recipes. Just scroll through it to find what you are looking for, or commment here with ideas on other PR foods you would like to see in this category!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...