Monday, October 15, 2012

Who doesn't LOVE Pizza?

Build Your Own Wood Burning Pizza Oven



Who doesn't love pizza? 
My Deep dish (Chicago style) Pizza
My homemade pizza recipe is my families ultimate favorite. I do a lot of baking, and my kids always begged for pizza while they were growing up. Still, the oldest kids that have moved out of the house, always come home for the food...Specifically, the PIZZA! There favorite of course is the photo to the left!

I make pizza in both New York style and Chicago style, but my personal favorite is Chicago's deep dish, that I pack full of cheese, meat and veggies. My youngest daughter is vegetarian, so I have to do some lone veggies as well.

From Wikipedia:
Deep dish pizza from the original Pizzeria Uno location 

Chicago-style pizza typically refers to a deep-dish pizza style developed in Chicago, United States. Chicago-style pizza has a crust up to three inches tall at the edge, slightly higher than the ingredients, which include large amounts of cheese and chunky tomato sauce, acting as a large bowl. Besides deep-dish, the term also refers to stuffed pizza, another Chicago style. Both styles of pizza are usually eaten with a knife and fork. While in Chicago most pizzerias also serve thin-crust pizza that is generally also in a style characteristic to the city, the term Chicago-style pizza is mainly used to describe the deep-dish style of pizza away from the Chicagoland area.

Slices of New York-style cheese pizza.
New York-style pizza originated in New York City in the early 1900s, and in 1905, the first pizza establishment in the United States was opened in New York's Little Italy. It is known for its large, wide, thin, and foldable shape. New York-style pizza is a common style often confused with the New Haven wide-styled pizza. The traditional toppings are tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese, with any additional toppings placed with the cheese. It is traditionally hand-tossed and light on sauce. The slices are often eaten as a fast food or "street snack" while folded in half, as its size and flexibility sometimes makes it unwieldy to eat flat.
The most notable difference between New York-style and other American pizzas is its thin hand-tossed crust, made from a high-gluten bread flour. The flavor of the crust has sometimes been attributed to the minerals present in the New York City water used to make the dough. Some out-of-state pizza makers even transport the water cross-country for the sake of authenticity.
So which is your favorite of the two pizza styles? But pizza doesn't stop there does it? When I was in college, I found this place that was out in the middle of no where, where people could just go hang out in the woods with campfires and pizza made in a stone oven that the owner built himself. His wife made this amazing cracker crust pizza, and I spent years trying to duplicate it. Although I believe I got the recipe right now, I lack their stone oven, which made all the difference. So...I have began a new project!

Build Your Own Wood Burning Pizza Oven

Well, my idea, but my husband gets the work ;o) Good man!!!

At this point, this blog is new, so I will say, if you are interested in my pizza recipes, they will be listed as "Vicki's" which will be true for all of my very own concoctions!

Please, Like my blog, and share it with your social networks, friends, and family. A lot of great info and plans are in store here!


How to start a pizza business | Pizza Therapy | Secrets From Inside The Pizzeria


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...