Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Natural cold and flu lozenges and lollipops you can make yourself!

I found this really neat idea for honey lollipops that I hadn't thought of before beyond making the cinnamon, honey, lemon concoction that you take by the spoonfuls a couple of times a day, which I will add works well when you are down and out with a cold or flu, but the spoonfuls will grow on you quickly in the same way the taste of medicine does.

By the way, the concoction mentioned above uses 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon combined. You take 2 spoonfuls twice a day.

Everybody knows that during a cold, honey is not just soothing to coughs and sore throats, but it also helps us all sleep better!

With that said, my grandson and oldest daughter are sick with flu type symptoms, and I only recently got over having the flu, paired with pneumonia for over a month. I thought I was was never going to shake it, so I wanted to give my grandson and daughter a bit of comfort while they get through it!

I didn't have sticks for lollipops on hand, but I did have Popsicle sticks. For my daughter, the next best thing would be making these as simple hard candies or lozenges!  

I used candy/fondant molds to pour the hot honey into and let them cool in small leaf and flower lozenges. Neat huh? I thought so, so I figured I just HAD to share it with you!

I used a cup of honey and added 1/8 cup pure lemon juice to a small sauce pan. I heated it on medium heat until it reached 300 degrees F which is the hard crack stage and the link below explains how to know it is done with out the thermometer!


Get the full directions of the original recipe below! Thank you to justine fontinell of http://fullbellysisters.blogspot.com for sharing this with me!

Get the complete directions for these soothing lollipops below!
http://thechickncoop.blogspot.com/2012/03/homemade-honey-lollipops.html


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...