Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Smoked Alligator Sausage: Let's see what we come up with!

Being in Alabama, but raised in NY my entire life, I am finding all sorts of neat southern foods that I never saw in NY.

I bought some sausage from Louisiana's Cajun Grill at my local grocery store that I was more curious about than anything.

Smoked Pork and Craw fish Sausage and Smoked Alligator and Pork Sausage

Each came with 3 sausages for a 1# package.
It has "No Carbs* ~ No MSG ~ Low Fat ~ High Protein."
I have never tasted either of these foods, so I am going to use it as if it were any other smoked sausage.

Louisiana's Cajun Grill
First I will use the Smoked Alligator and Pork Sausage.

I am sort of pulled toward Gumbo or Jambalaya, but since this is our first experience with this, I'd like to be able to isolate the flavors a bit better than smothering it with heavy spice flavors just yet.

I have decided to develop a recipe for Smoked Sausage Cabbage Rolls. I would love to use barley instead of rice but I am out so rice it is!


Stay tuned for my Smoked Sausage Cabbage Rolls!

UPDATE:

Another great recipe creation: Smoked Sausage and Rice Cabbage Rolls


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...