Lemons are one of those foods that can perform so many different helpful tasks. The list on health benefits alone is impressive, let-a-lone all of the household and beauty remedies there are.
Health Benefits of Lemon:
- Lemons contain antioxidants as well as anti-cancer properties.
- It also has antiseptic use for burns.
- Lemon juice can aid in liver detoxification when consuming at least a half a lemon per day. Part of the detox properties may be gained because
- lemon cleans your digestive tract and helps with indigestion.
- Helps prevent diabetes
- Helps prevent high blood pressure
- Aids in the treatment of kidney and gull stones
- Aids in weight loss
- Prevents or extinguishes fever through perspiration.
- Arthritis treatment
- Helps relieve respiratory ailments and asthma
- Apply to corns and callouses
- Use for toothaches and bleeding gums. Apply directly to toothache or to bleeding gums.
- Treats and prevents acne and other skin conditions.
I had this book and loved it. Turns out I gave it to an older woman that developed cancer and was trying everything. No regrets because she survived and the book helped keep her heart in it!
Household Benefits of Lemon:
- Use lemon as a deodorizer and cleaner.
- Whiten dishes using hot water with lemon peels for a soak.
- Remove stains from tables and counter tops using straight lemon to set on the stain for a few minutes and wipe away.
- Glass cleaner- mix equal amounts vinegar and lemon juice and double the entire amount with water.
- Wood cleaner- mix with vegetable or olive oil for cleaning wood finishes and repelling dust.
- Freshens laundry as well as whitens for a bleach free freshness.
- Breath freshener.
- Use straight lemon juice around areas ant come in or gather, it will keep them out!
- Mop floors with 4-5 pulverized lemons in 1/2 gallon of water to repel roaches and other pests.
- Lighten hair in the sun with lemon juice applied into wet hair. Sit in the sun or blow dry.
- Get rid of stinky pet oder's by placing half a lemon, cut side up into questionable areas such as the cat litter box or gym lockers, even in the bathroom.
- Put some cut lemons in water and slow cook them leaving your home smelling amazingly clean and fresh.
There are so many uses for lemon and lemon juice that its like a little miracle fruit.
As with any medical treatments, you would need to ask your doctor about using these remedies before trying them on any major health concerns.
If you know of any other ways to use lemons, please comment below and teach us your tricks too! I use lemon constantly for a household cleaner, and now that I know of these health benefits as well, I will be trying to add 1/2 a lemon to my daily diet. Even if its just a cup of lemonaid :)