Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Last Lily

This cake was made for a friend of mine that sadly, has terminal cancer. Nancy is an older woman in her 70's, and she has this robust, want to know everything personality. She has always been full of questions, each and every time I see her. She always wants to know how others are feeling, and she shows deep empathy towards others.

The first time I met Nancy, she was sitting on her porch, surrounded with all different types of house plants. I approached her to tell her how beautiful her plants were, and collect any secrets she may have. I believe it is no secret and she simply loves them beautiful! Nancy sent me home with two plants that day as we shared our love of caring for them, and the beauty they bring to a home.

Plants and flowers make her happy! She also has a passion for sweet...specifically cake. The woman adores pound cake, and lemon is her number one flavor.

I want to talk as much about Nancy as I can right now, because she is such a great woman, yet has so little time left. I want to make her happy and brighten her painfull last days with the information I know about her loves, and I want to be a part of her last good memories. I try to let her know that she is thought of, and loved the best way I know how!

Lavender Blush

Lavender Blush

Lavender Blush

Lavender Blush




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...