Monday, September 23, 2013

Sunday with Family: Weekly Review 9/22/13

Another busy week and today is of course busy as well with all the kids and their kids doing Sundays with us now! It is quite hectic, but I love these days.

I have been having some issues staying on my desired posting schedule, and I am truly sorry for that, but either way, I try to get everything in on time or close to the time I originally intended. Until the newest kids to Alabama from NY get their own place, I cant promise everything will be posted on the days I plan. I'm sure some of you know the story!

With that out of the way, Today's Sunday meal with my family was soooo good. I made Parmesan Crust Baked Chicken, Totones with a tangy garlic sauce, Garlic Noodles, and Broccoli. Oh, and I also served my 100% Whole Wheat Bread.

The little ones ate like little troopers, and the parents...well they have always come home for the food (laughs).

My oldest daughter and my daughter in law are both pregnant and their babies are due just a week apart. They are both having boys too. We did some baby shower planning during our Sunday with family time, and the only part that's frustrating is that these girls don't know anyone here in AL yet, so will there be anyone but us at their showers?

I guess regardless of the number of people, there is enough of us for decent coed showers.

Now for the glance back at last weeks blogs.

Having another little family (my sons family) here from NY, looking for their own place, is difficult to feed
everyone on our budget while they save for their own place. Soups, stews, and casseroles seem to go the furthest in feeding everyone for less. I made my famous (to my family) chili that my oldest daughter has been begging for all last week.

This chili recipe has a secret ingredient that puts the appeal back into chili for me. I have a pescetarian (fish eater) daughter, and for her, we serve a lot of bean dishes. Chili with out the secret ingredient just dont do it for us anymore.

Try the chili recipe here!




100% Whole Wheat Bread was a hit, and although my whole family dont care for this dark, nutty flavored bread, my husband goes nuts for it.


















This also allowed for the addition of another Bread Diary post on Whole Wheat Flour.













There seems to be a recent demand for Parmesan Crusted Chicken, so I have offered up my way of making it. We all love this recipe, and I am sure you will too. My favorite part of it is the crisp from the combination of panko and cheese. Get this recipe here!













Be sure to stop by the Linky Parties Tab at the top and post your favorite recipe and party links. We are only half way to collecting our favorites for a great post featuring our top ten links. If you dont have a recipe link to share, please just take a look through those links and comment there on your favorites. Tell them you saw them here please!

I hope this new week gets a bit better with time and space to do what I do here.

Have a wonderful week, and watch for great new recipes here this week!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...