Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sundays with Family - Spaghetti & Meatballs 9/8/13


We have put off our Sundays with Family for a while which saddened us as we were all in a position where finances got the best of us. I don't believe the Sunday meals should have ceased because they brought us all together. On a good note, we are back at the Sunday meals, but unfortunately, my mom and my brothers families are moving back to NY for financial and medical reasons. But...I still have my kids and their families here now, so this tradition will not die out!

This weeks review 

Spaghetti and meatballs is the dish everyone chose for our Sunday meal. I wanted to serve coleslaw, but the majority of the kids won't eat it, so I made French Bread instead which is a hit no matter what meal is prepared.

This week was a bit of "coming back."  In the past, I have done a recipe every day, but this week I was only able to squeeze one in, but it happened to be one of my favorites! Who does not love Country fried steak biscuits? Anything country fried is good by me :-)

I also made The Tropical Island Cake for my step fathers (Joe) 67th birthday. The party was held at the rehab he was at (he returns home today) for months of recovery from a massive stroke. Hats off to my mother and Joe for being so strong through this life changing nightmare. They have both worked hard to have Joe well enough to return home today, to ready themselves for their move to NY. We will miss them, but I do understand why they have chosen this route in these years!

Did you see my post on making your own Panko Bread Crumbs? I, myself refuse to buy them at the store anymore after trying this method to make my own Panko crumbs or flakes. You would be surprised at how much money you will save, and how easy they really are to whip up in a pinch!

We have finally began our Alabama Journal. Read about our plans for the journal, and subscribe to keep updated on these posts! A new and different life style and place brings quite a bit of learning and experience, so follow my family on this adventure. It hasn't been all peaches and cream, and we do a lot of struggling, but we all have faith in the fact that we are survivors and even if it takes us a few years...we will prevail and utilize what Alabama has to offer for workable opportunities.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...